Ancient Wisdom Still Stands

Philosophy with Sokrates


"I decided that it was not wisdom that enabled poets to write their poetry, but a kind of instinct of inspiration, such as you find in seers and prophets who deliver all their sublime messages without knowing in the least what they mean." - Sokrates.


"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realise how little we understand about life, ourselves, & the world around us." - Sokrates.

"I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance." - Sokrates.

"If all misfortunes were laid in one common heap whence everyone must take an equal portion, most people would be contented to take their own & depart ."- Sokrates.

"The unexamined life is not worth living." - Sokrates.

"Apply yourself both now & in the next life. Without effort, you cannot be prosperous. Though the land be good, you cannot have an abundant crop without cultivation." - Plato.

"Courage is a kind of salvation." - Plato

"Courage is knowing what not to fear." - Plato

For two days I'd been contemplating Sokrates & Plato. These writings are supreme in depth.

At first I saw, then I looked & realised that I couldn't see. Now I'm learning how to focus & what to focus on.


Ancient Wisdom Still Stands
by 
Kleoniki Vanos


Gifts and talents belong to each one of us! 


Sharing that beauty that comes from deep within has greater impact than a million sad memories. The journey of unveiling vision continues...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tending Your Garden

Loving Your Neighbour