Time to Breath

The perils of a busy mind.

My mind is too busy, therefore I am confused ~ Tao of Pooh, by Benjamin Hoff

This should be a breeze, I think to myself as a tiny bead of perspiration forms on my brow.
Hold on. Don't force it! Don't come across as desperate! Just be. Aaah, that feels better already.
This is the self-talk I've been having since 2011. 


A Little Smackerel
by
Kleoniki Vanos


I read a little "smackerel" and it goes something like this:

I was out walking one day, when I noticed the rapid pursuit of a nearby stream. She was rushing, pushing and forcing her way into as much as she possibly could. As I continued my walk along the river bank I noticed that the stream had became a quiet river, no longer shoving and imposing herself upon her surroundings, but simply being and embracing. Making way for all that is natural. 

I asked her, "Why so still now river?"
Upon which she replied, "I was of little wisdom before, but have grown since and realised that everything is as it should be, and I will arrive at my destiny without forcing my will upon it."

How fantastic this gift of life! I am overwhelmed by the simplicity of living! Yet, it will take some undoing and letting go of things that have complicated and entangled the simplicity of life.

Here's to our journey! It is a good one!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You are a Wonderful Miracle

Interior Design Tips and Inspiration